If you’re trying to flatten your stomach, it goes without saying that it’s important to know the kinds of foods that both increase and decrease belly fat. This way, you can avoid the fatty foods and increase the foods that will increase your metabolism and help you to feel full so that you don’t over eat. This isn’t to say that fatty foods are always bad for you, and any nutritionist would argue that foods that cause obesity can still play an important role in your diet. The goal, however, is to adopt a lifestyle change instead of trying to lose weight through “magic pills” which are simply non-existent. People who try to lose weight by taking a pills or “medicine” are at the same risk as those who think starving themselves will work. Not only are both ideas unhealthy, but also not an efficient way to control your weight.
Eating light does not necessarily mean you need to eat neglectfully. Every food has it’s diet code. You just have to remember that to eat unprocessed natural foods (or in other words, foods that your body understands how to use properly) will be best for burning belly fat.
The following is a list of foods that increase your metabolism:
1. Almonds: While these tasty nuts are actually high in calories, they are also high in fatty acids which boost your metabolism. They are great for snacks before or after workouts!
2., 3., 4. Apples, Beans and Pears: A good rule of thumb is that the higher the fiber, the more calories you’ll burn. Apples and pears are excellent sources of fiber! Beans also have a lot of protein.
5. Broccoli: This veggie contains both calcium and vitamin C which work together to create a metabolism-boosting pair.
6. Cinnamon: When added to sugary food and drink, it helps the body metabolize sweets!
7. Coffee: It’s always been a known fact that caffeine boosts your metabolism, but be careful to drink only 1-2 cups a day!
8. Curry: Any spicy food causes the body to work extra hard to metabolize it.
9. Grapefruit: Lowers insulin levels and burns calories by breaking down the fiber.
10. Green Tea: EGCG speeds up your brain and nervous system, thus burning more calories.
11., 12. Hot Peppers and Jalapenos: For hours after you eat them, these spicy peppers will speed up your heart rate and metabolism while burning calories.
13. Lean Turkey: Protein builds muscle and helps to burn calories since your body is working harder to process it.
14. Low-Fat Yogurt: Breaking down the high protein level burns calories and the probiotic cultures regulate digestion.
15. Oatmeal: Again high fiber means more calories are being burned while your body breaks it down.
16. Spinach: A well-known metabolism booster, it’s also high in vitamin C, antioxidants and iron!
17. Unsweetened Soy Milk: An influx of calcium intake always boosts your metabolism.
18. Water: For every 17 ounces of water you drink, your body’s metabolic rate will increase by 30 percent.
More in Uncategorized