2 cups blanched almond flour (such as Oh Nuts)
tiny pinch salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
6 Tbsp smooth all-natural almond butter, at room temperature and well-stirred
1/4 cup honey (if you are making these for a vegan who does not eat honey, you can try subbing in pure maple syrup)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp water
1/2 cup dried cranberries, preferably apple-juice sweetened
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, and water.
4. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until well-combined. It may at first seem like the dough is too dry; keep stirring until it comes together. Fold in the dried cranberries.
5. Using a small cookie scoop (or tablespoon) scoop dough out onto prepared baking sheet. Cookies won’t spread while baking, so no need to leave a lot of space in between each scoop.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies just begin to brown.
7. Cool cooking on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will be soft right out of the oven, but will firm up a bit as they cool.
More in Pastries