12 Wonton or Egg-Roll Wraps, at room temperature
12 Light or Fat-free Mozzarella String Cheese
Marinara Sauce (Low-Sodium) for Dipping
Small bowl with water, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take one of your room-temperature wraps (less likely to break and ooze cheese all over if room-temp and slightly wet) and lay on flat surface in front of you, like a diamond. Put cheese stick in middle, corner to corner (or slightly below).
3. Take the bottom corner and fold it up over the cheese stick and stick to other side of wrap tightly. You can add a few drops of the water here to make the wrap stick better.
4. Carefully (here is the part where the wrap can break), fold over the right and left corners of the wrap onto the cheese stick to completely cover the cheese.
5. Roll up the wrap.
6. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
Alternatively, you can make this on the stovetop.
1. Wrap cheese as described above.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Working in batches, add in half of the cheese sticks. Roll/stir sticks around for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown, and remove from heat.
Serve with Marinara (seasoned with oregano/basil/garlic for more flavor)
More in Italian