4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups light brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
16 (.65 ounce) Butterfinger candy bars, chopped (or just use 10.4 ounces total)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with foil; grease the foil.
2. Melt chocolate in glass bowl in the microwave- short bursts of 30 seconds; stir after each burst and remove from microwave when melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk those in too. Stir in the melted chocolate. Stir in the flour. Stir in chopped butterfingers (reserving about 3/4 cup for the top).
4. Spread batter into prepared pan. Top with reserved butterfinger chunks.
5. Bake 25 to 35 minutes. Watch closely and remove from oven when toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
6. Refrigerate until brownies are well-chilled- if overnight, cover with plastic wrap. When ready to cut, remove from the refrigerator and turn onto a cutting board. Carefully peel off the foil and use another cutting board to flip the brownies back upright. Use a large, sharp knife to cut into squares.
More in American