3 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 cups miniature marshmallows
Green gel food coloring
6 cups Rice Krispies
Christmas tree cookie cutter
Almond bark or white chocolate chips
1. Place the butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 1-minute intervals, stirring after each interval, until marshmallows and butter are completely melted, about 3 minutes total. Stir a small amount of food coloring into the mixture.
2. Measure the cereal into a very large mixing bowl. Working quickly before it starts to set up, stir the marshmallow mixture into your cereal.
3. Spread the mixture into sprayed pans so that each pan has a layer about 3/4″ thick. Allow to cool completely. (To speed up cooling time, place the pans in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.)
4. When the mixture has cooled, used a Christmas tree cookie cutter to cut tree shapes.
5. Melt 3 squares of almond bark (or 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips) in the microwave at 70% power, stirring often, making sure not to scald the mixture. To assemble your pops, dip the ends of your lollipop sticks into the melted almond bark, and then carefully guide one through the end of each of your tree shapes.
6. Now, place the unused portion of your melted almond bark into a piping bag (or a zip-top bag with a corner trimmed off). To decorate your trees with M&M’s, use dabs of almond bark as the “glue” to adhere them to your trees. Finish each treat with a drizzle of almond bark, if desired. Yum!
More in American