1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (slightly softened)
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup dried, sweetened cranberries, chopped
6 ounces (about 3/4 cup) white chocolate chips
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon orange extract
1/2- 2/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries, chopped
2 ounces white chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 (F) degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan then set aside (I also like to line the pan with parchment paper, leaving some hanging over the two long sides- this allows the bars to be pulled out of the pan after baking for easier cutting).
2. In a medium bowl add the flour, powdered ginger, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set bowl aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, and orange zest and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and blend until combined.
4. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate. Pour the batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes, until edges are light brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Prepare frosting by beating the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and orange extract. Beat about 1 minute until fully incorporated.
7. Assemble dessert by spreading the frosting onto the baked and cooled bars. Sprinkle additional cranberries on top. Drizzle melted white chocolate on top as desired.
Find Cranberry White Chocolate Bars on Amazon