8 (ounces) button mushrooms
1 egg white
3 Tablespoons grated Pecorino Reggiano (Parmesan can be substituted)
4 Tablespoons Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
ranch or marinara sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Using a damp paper towel, gently wipe each mushroom, cleaning it.
3. In a large Ziploc bag combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Place egg white in a separate large Ziploc bag. Add mushrooms and shake to coat.
5. Remove mushrooms and place in breadcrumb bag and shake well to coat evenly.
6. Place mushrooms in an even layer on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve immediately with ranch or marinara for dipping.
More in Appetizer