Yields: 6 servings (8 pieces)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 lb zucchini, cut into 4-5-inch sticks
1. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment (or whatever non-stick method you prefer).
2. Place flour in a large zipper bag.
3. Whisk eggs with 2 Tbsp water and place in a shallow dish.
4. Place Panko, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish and mix to combine.
5. Place zucchini in the bag with the flour and shake until well coated. Dip the zucchini into the egg and then into the panko, turning to coat well.
6. Place breaded zucchini on the baking sheet.
7. Bake 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (we like ranch… and barbecue sauce).
9. They’re best the first day, but to store leftovers, store in a single layer on a plate, wrapped with ziploc. Reheat at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes, until heathed through.
More in Popular Recipes