4 medium-sized bell peppers
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
small onion, diced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 – 15.25 oz can Hunts Seasoned Tomato Sauce for Meatloaf
1 cup instant white rice
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
1. Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds and membranes. Blanch peppers in salted boiled water for 5 minutes; remove and drain.
2. In a skillet, saute onions in vegetable oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sauteed onions and garlic, Seasoned Tomato Sauce for Meatloaf, white rice, salt and pepper. Mix until just combined.
4. Stuff mixture into each of the peppers and place upright into a small, greased baking dish. Pour small can of tomato sauce over the peppers.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes or until cooked through. Exact cooking time will vary based on the size of the peppers.
More in Popular Recipes