- 3/4 pound Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place half of the bacon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole. Yield: 12 servings (1-2/3 cups sauce).
More in Breakfast