Butter chicken marinade
1 onion, quartered
3 garlic cloves
3cm (1.18 inches) piece of ginger, sliced
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika (I used a smoked one)
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tin peeled/cherry tomatoes
2 cups Greek yoghurt
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1. You can cook the chicken in the oven or on the braai, I prefer the oven.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200°c. Place a wire rack over a roasting tray.
3. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a blender/food processor and blend until you are left with a smooth and rich marinade.
4. Make deep slits into the chicken and rub the marinade all over the chicken, pushing it into the slits.
5. Place the chicken on the wire rack and pour the marinade over.
6. Place into the oven and allow to roast for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is just cooked.
7. Put the grill of your oven on and allow the chicken to grill for 10 minutes until the skin starts to blacken.
8. Remove from the oven and serve with the juices that have collected at the bottom of the pan with rice and salad.
Find Grilled Chicken with Butter on Amazon