Yield: Serves 4 to 6
1 cup part skim ricotta
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon hazelnuts, lightly toasted
1/2 cup honey, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
10-12 fresh figs (mission or kadota or whatever is local), cut in half lengthwise
1/2 French or sourdough baguette, sliced into ½ inch slices and lightly toasted
1. Place the ricotta and the hazelnuts in a food processor along with 1/4 a cup of honey and the ground cinnamon. Process until the mix is entirely smooth.
2. Preheat your grill on high and start brushing the figs with extra virgin olive oil
3. Place the cut side face down on and grill on both sides for up to 2 minutes
4. Then remove let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Spread 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mix on each of the crostinis and top off with a grilled fig for each
6. Finish off with a drip or two of honey.
7. Serve and enjoy!
More in Snack