Yield: 5-7 Servings
1/4 cup cottage cheese, pureed
4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the potatoes into a large pot filled with water and boil for 25 minutes on medium heat.
2. Put butter, cream, and garlic into another small saucepan and let simmer on medium heat for 1 minute.
3. When potatoes are fork tender, drain them in colander then return to pot.
4. Gently mash your boiled potatoes
5. Season potatoes with salt and/or pepper.
6. Put the cream mixture you simmered over the mashed potatoes slowly as you continue to mash until smooth.
7. Stir in the cottage cheese that’s been pureed, then the sliced chives and add salt and/or pepper for seasoning
8. Top your mix with the chives that remain and the melted butter if you like.
9. Serve and enjoy!
More in Snack