8 pieces of chicken (thighs, wings and drumsticks work best)
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon molasses
4 garlic cloves, grated with a microplane or grated finely then chopped to a paste
1 teaspoon onion, grated with a microplane or grated finely then chopped to a paste
1 teaspoon sea salt
Salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
1. Preheat oven to 420. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
2. While the chicken is in the oven combine all other ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. After 20 minutes, remove chicken from the oven and, using tongs, place each piece in the bowl with the sauce. Drain any fat that is on the baking sheet into the bowl with the sauce. Toss to coat thoroughly. Place sauce bowl aside.
4. Place chicken, skin side down, on the baking sheet and return to oven. Turn oven to broil and broil for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from the oven and turn to skin side up. Using a rubber spatula, coat the chicken skin with any remaining sauce. Broil for another 5 minutes.
5. You can use with chicken with skin or without. If you use chicken with skin it will have a lot more flavour, and a lot more fat. It’s your choice.
More in Entree