1 package(s) (16-ounce) lasagna noodles
2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1 pound(s) lean ground beef or meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork, and veal)
1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
1 jar(s) (24-ounce) marinara sauce
1/3 cup(s) whole milk
3/4 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup(s) fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup(s) freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/3 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling. Add lasagna noodles, and cook as label directs, increasing cooking time by 2 to 3 minutes or until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meat and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up with spoon, about 3 minutes. (If using meatloaf mix, drain off fat before adding wine.) Add wine; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until almost evaporated. Stir in marinara; heat to boiling.
3. Simmer on low 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk; simmer 5 minutes.
4. In bowl, stir ricotta with basil, Romano, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper; set aside.
5. Drain noodles; return to saucepot. Add meat sauce and mozzarella; toss well. Spoon onto 6 warm plates; top with dollops of ricotta mixture.
More in Popular Recipes