one puff pastry sheet
3 cups of vegetable stock
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 very small onion, small diced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
8 ounces of Crimini mushrooms, cut in four pieces each
3 small Yukon potatoes, skin on, cut in half inch cubes
1 big carrot, cut about the same size of the potatoes
1/2 cup sweet peas
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup fresh green beans, cut in one inch pieces
1/3 cup cream or half & half, room temperature
1 tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper
1. Boil potatoes and carrots in the stock until done. Add green beans, cook for 3 minutes. Don’t drain! Reserve one cup of the stock in a separate bowl. Set aside.
2. Cook onions and garlic in oil translucent, in a big pot. Add the butter, then add mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until done.
3. Add the potatoes, carrots and green beans to the pot. Add the cream. If necessary, add the rest of the stock that was set aside. Make sure there’s enough broth but it’s not watery. It’s a matter of personal taste.
4. Add the rest of the veggies. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley.
5. Brink to a boil, then turn down the heat, simmer for 5 more minutes.
6. Use the plate you’ll use to serve, to cut the puff pastry shape. Then cut that shape into strip.
7. Bake until golden and puffed. Then serve the soup and place the puffs on top.
More in Popular Recipes