30 pieces clams, scrubbed and cleaned
1/4 cup butter
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 large white onions, cubed
4 – 5 medium-sized potatoes, sliced into small cubes
2 medium-sized carrots, sliced into small cubes
5 tablespoons flour
1 piece hungarian sausage, sliced, then each slice halved
6 – 7 cups water
1 300g can cream (I used Nestle)
salt and pepper, to taste
sliced spring onions for garnish
1. In a large stockpot over medium heat, add the oil and butter and allow it to melt.
2. Add the onions and sauté until limp. Add the carrots and potatoes. Mix well and sauté for around 3 – 4 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and mix well.
3. Add the water, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and allow to simmer, for about 8 – 10 minutes.
4. When the water is beginning to boil, lower the heat and add the cream. Mix well. Add the hungarian sausage.
5. Add the clams and cover so the clams can cook, around 3 – 5 minutes.
6. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
7. When the potatoes and carrots are cooked through, remove from heat. Serve in individual bowls and garnish with spring onions. Enjoy!
More in French