Yield: 24 squares (aproximately 2″ square)
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
20 Candy Cane Joe Joe’s, or oreos, crushed/chopped (about 2 1/2 cups crushed)
6 cups mini marshmallows
4 Tablespoons butter
2 or 3 regular sized peppermint candy canes
2 oz. white chocolate
2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cup mini M&M’s
1. In a large bowl, add cereal and crushed cookies. Mix to combine.
2. In another large, microwave safe bowl, add marshmallows and butter.
Microwave 2 1/2-3 minutes, or until the marshmallows are super fluffy, and melt together when stirred.
Stir together, until the marshmallows and butter are fully combined.
3. Pour melted marshmallows on top of the cereal and cookie mixture. Use a spatula that has been sprayed with cooking spray to quickly mix the marshmallow cream and cereal together. Stir until combined.
4. Quickly, pour/scoop the sticky mixture into a prepared 9″x13″ pan. Spread the mixture around, and press down with spatula.
5. While the cereal treats cool, crush 2 or 3 candy canes in a small ziplock bag. Sprinkle crushed candy on top of krispie treats.
6. Melt the white chocolate by placing chocolate in a piping bag or heavy ziplock type bag, and microwave at 50% power until nearly melted. Kneed the bag a little in your hands (careful- it will be hot!) Snip off the end of bag and drizzle chocolate on krispie treats
7. Repeat as above with semi-sweet chocolate.
8. Top krispie treats with mini M&M’s or festive sprinkles.
9. Allow chocolate to set before cutting into squares.
More in Snack