2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 yellow onion, diced
4 cups pulled pork
2 cups salsa verde
4 cans white beans
8 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoons chili powder
Garnish with Green Onions and Cilantro
1. In a large heavy pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and add the onion. Sprinkle with kosher salt and let cook until soft and translucent.
2. Add the pulled pork to the onion and cook about 5 minutes.
3. Add the salsa verde to the pork and onions and simmer together.
4. Rinse and drain the white beans.
5. Add the beans to the chili.
6. Add the chicken stock, put a lid on the chili and simmer for an hour.
7. Add the cumin and chili powder and then season to taste with kosher salt.
8. Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve immediately.
More in Side Dish