2 cups roasted chicken, shredded
1 ear yellow corn, kernels and milk removed from husk
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 poblano, seeded and diced
1/3 cup prepared salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
6 8 inch flour tortillas
1. First, pre-heat your oven to about 375 degrees.
2. Set aside your chicken in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour the extra virgin olive oil in a sauté pan and put on medium to high heat.
4. Saute the poblano, onion, and corn for about 5 minutes.
5. Season everything in the pan with salt and/or pepper.
6. Cook saute pan for another one and a half to two minutes
7. Pour your onion mix over the chicken and then toss it all together and add the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper
8. Place about a 1/3rd of a cup of the filling onto one of your tortillas
9. Tightly roll the tortilla and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet with the seam-side facing down.
10. Bake your new flautas for about 25 minutes, or at least until the tortillas have become crispy or turned a nice golden brown.
11. Cut to release heat and show color and serve hot!
More in Mexican