1 small Spanish onion (or shallot), peeled and halved
3 garlic cloves, peeled
300 gm or just over ½ lb sweet red peppers, seeded
460 gm or 1 lb. ready roasted Spanish pumpkin (or variety of choice) and skin removed
½ tsp smoked Spanish paprika (pimenton ahumado)
salt & finely ground black pepper, to taste
a little vegetable broth if needed (I used about ⅓ cup)
1. **Please notice that I used pumpkin that had been roasted the day before. If need be roast the pumpkin alongside the peppers and onion.**
2. Preheat oven to 190c or 375f and roast the peppers, onion and garlic. The garlic will only need to roast for about 5 minutes, remove and set aside. Roast the onion and peppers for about 20 minutes but keep an eye so as not to burn the vegetables. Remove from oven and place in a seeled container for about 8 minutes. (This is to help make the pepper skin peel off easier.) Remove skin from peppers.
3. Cube the roasted and peeled pumpkin and place in blender. Add the roasted and peeled red peppers, garlic, onion, salt, ground black pepper, and paprika. Blend until smooth. If need bee add a little bit of vegetable broth to help the blending. Check consistency and if it is not to desired texture add a little bit more vegetable broth.
1. If serving warm: Place all ingredients in a pot and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Serve drizzled with olive oil, freshly chopped arugula and crusty bread of choice.
2. If serving cold: After blending the ingredients place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Serve drizzled with olive oil, freshly chopped arugula and crusty bread of choice.
More in Popular Recipes