24 wonton wrappers
7 oz pad thai noodles
2 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 Tbs. fish sauce
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 Tbs. sriracha or chili garlic sauce
3 Tbs. canola oil
2 scallions, finely sliced
24 large frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/4th cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly oil each side of the wonton wrappers, and carefully press them into each muffin tin. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until crispy and slightly browned. Set aside.
3. Cook the noodles according to the package, then drain. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and chili paste.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the oil to the pan. Add the scallions, shrimp and minced garlic. Stir-fry roughly 2 minutes, until shrimp is done. Add the cooked noodles and stir to toss. Add the sauce and toss to combine.
6. Using tongs, place a small amount of the pad Thai inside each wonton cup. Nestle a single shrimp in the pad Thai nest, and garnish with peanuts.
7. Serve immediately.
More in Thai