6 corn tortillas
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
juice from 1 lime
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tbs ground cumin
2 Tbs chili powder
1 tsp crushed red or green pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 red bell pepper, cut into small slices
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly coat both sides of the corn tortillas with cooking spray. Bake for 4 minutes on each side.
3. Switch oven to broil. Evenly divide the cheese over the tortillas and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, 2-ish minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine the avocados, cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of kosher salt. Mash up with a fork until you get guacamole. Go ahead and eat a few bites for your well being.
5. Toss the shrimp with the cumin, chili powder, crushed pepper flakes and garlic salt.
6. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium high. Sear the shrimp on one side for 2 minutes; flip and sear 30 more seconds. Remove from pan.
7. To the pan, add the sliced red bell pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, scraping the browned bits from the pan, seasoning the peppers. Sprinkle in a leetle salt.
8. Spoon the guacamole over each cheesy tostada, followed by shrimp and red bell pepper. Garnish each tostado with cilantro and give another good squeeze of lime juice over each one.
More in Moroccan