1. Buy the freshest strawberries you can find.
2. Dry them well and bring them to room temperature so there’s no condensation on them – otherwise the chocolate won’t stick.
3. Pointy-ended strawberries give your tree the best appearance.
4. If the chocolate in the bag goes hard between layering, simply re-melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
5. To reduce the toothpick size, stick the pointed end into the cone to make a hole. Remove and cut off one-third. Place the blunt end back into the hole in the cone and skewer the strawberry with the sharp end.
More in Dessert