See More Alfredo Pasta Recipes
1/2 of a 1-pound package linguine
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Prepare the linguine according to the package directions in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of the cooking time. Drain the linguine mixture well in a colander.
2. Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned and cooked through, stirring often.
3. Stir the soup, milk, cheese, black pepper and linguine mixture in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
1. Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo: Substitute grilled chicken breasts for the skinless, boneless chicken.
2. Shrimp & Broccoli Alfredo: Substitute 1 pound fresh extra large shrimp, shelled and deveined for the chicken. Cook as directed for the chicken above until the shrimp are cooked through.
3. Spanish-Inspired Tip: Reduce the chicken to 1/2 pound and omit the Parmesan cheese. Prepare as directed above. Stir 1/2 pound peeled cooked shrimp, 1/4 pound chorizo or ham, diced and 1 teaspoon paprika into the soup mixture.
4. Indian-Inspired Tip: Omit the Parmesan cheese. Substitute 3 cups cooked basmati rice and 3/4 cup cooked broccoli florets for the linguine and uncooked broccoli. Stir 1 teaspoon curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin in the skillet with the chicken. Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds, if desired.
5. Asian-Inspired Tip: Omit the Parmesan cheese. Substitute 1 package (6 ounces) rice noodles for the linguine. Prepare as directed above. Stir 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 cloves garlic, minced and 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root in the skillet and cook with the chicken
6. Easy Substitution: You can substitute spaghetti or fettuccine for the linguine in this recipe.
7. Serving Suggestion: Serve wth a mixed green salad topped with orange sections, walnut pieces and raspberry vinaigrette. For dessert serve almond biscotti.
8. Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you’re using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.