1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into 4 equal pieces about 3-inches by 4-inches
8 1/2-inch thick firm white sandwich bread
2 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
1 teaspoon coarse salt
A grating of nutmeg
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup black beans, soaked overnight*
3 sweet corn cobs, husks on
2 small red onions
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
3 sweet corn cobs, husks on
2 eschalots, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
100g smoked almonds, roughly chopped
400g punnet mixed heirloom cherry tomatoes
1 avocado, peeled and chopped into large chunks
Handful coriander leaves, washed and dried
Handful mint leaves, washed and dried
* Use tinned beans if you don’t want to turn the stove on.
1 large eggplant
3 large tomatoes, to match the diameter of the eggplant
0.4 lbs Bulgarian feta, crumbled
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
juice of half lemon
2 garlic cloves
½ extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 slices whole wheat bread, (the heartier the better)
2 large slices of tillamook pepperjack cheese
4 slices of roma tomato
1-2 tablespoons of honey, depending on bread size.
1-2 tablespoons tillamook butter
2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot original
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
zest of 2 limes
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
2 cloves of garlic, skins removed and crushed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
3 pounds of chicken wings (20-25 wings) wash and pat dry
oil, for the grill
1 pound ground chuck
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/3 cup diced white onions
1/3 to diced green chiles
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella or 2 slices torn into pieces
1 avocado, mashed
1/4 cup diced white onions
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 serrano pepper, minced
1 red fresno pepper, minced, optional
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
salt to taste
You will also need 3 hamburger rolls
1/3 cup store-bought pesto
1/3 cup softened goat cheese
2 large carrots, cut lengthwise into wide 1⁄4 inch thick strips
2 red bell peppers, sides cut off and core and seeds discarded
2 yellow peppers, sides cut off and core and seeds discarded
1 red onion, cut into 1⁄2-inch thick rounds
1 large eggplant, cut into 1⁄2-inch thick rounds
Fresh ground black pepper
4 sourdough buns (if you can find them, and if not, whatever works for you)
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ teaspoon dijon mustard
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 bunches fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
½ cup thinly sliced radishes
½ cup shredded carrots
½ cup edamame
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, cheese, garlic and mustard. Slowly stream in the oil, whisking constantly to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
On a heated grill or grill pan, cook the asparagus, turning once, about 3 minutes total. In a large bowl, toss together the radishes, carrots and edamame. Top with the asparagus and bacon. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Prepare chicken on the grill. As chicken is cooking, pour balsamic vinegar into sauce pan or skillet and cook until reduced by half. Add in butter and stir with a flat whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
Top chicken with mozzarella cheese, basil leaf, and then tomato slice.
Drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve warm.
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Sea salt to taste
1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 lemons, thinly sliced into rounds
2 tablespoons olive oil
Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
Preheat grill to medium high heat.
Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and set aside.
Beginning and ending with shrimp, thread onto 2 skewers alternating shrimp and folded lemon slices to make about 8 kabobs.
Brush with olive oil and season with spice mixture.
Grill for about 8 minutes or until cooked through depending on size of shrimp.
Finely chop Garlic and leafs (Thyme, Sage, Oregano).
In a Bowl, mix all the ingredients except of the tomatoes. Whisk well.
Cut the tomatoes in half and pour the mix over it.
Grill to taste on a frying pan on a high heat.
6 chicken thighs
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup coconut milk (from a can, save the rest for the rice)
3 huge Tbs brown sugar
3 scallions, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp sesame oil
for the rice:
1 cup jasmine or basmati rice
1 cup (remaining from the can) coconut milk
1/2 cup cilantro, plus more for garnish
on the side – grilled broccoli
Combine everything except the chicken in a large sealable plastic bag, then dump the chicken in. Seal it up, swish it around. Stick her in the fridge for about 4 hours. Flip the chicken half-way through.
When you’re ready to grill, preheat the grill to medium. Add the chicken and grill until cooked through, maybe 6 minutes per side. Tent and let rest a couple of minutes.
Pour the coconut milk and another cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the rice, cover, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes, until the rice is cooked and fluffy. Stir in the cilantro before serving.
4 lobster tails
1 teaspoon canola or grapeseed oil
1 pinch saffron threads
1 tablespoon hot water
2 egg yolks*
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat a charcoal or gas grill over medium-high heat. Thaw the lobster tails either by placing in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours or by running under cool water. Place the tails on a cutting board shell side up with the tail end positioned away from you. With scissors, cut right under the shell down the center from the top to the end of the tail, careful not to cut the meat. Gently pry the shell away from the meat. Place your fingers under the meat and push upward to position the meat so it is just coming out, resting on the top of the shell. Lightly brush canola oil on the shell and the lobster meat to prevent sticking.
2. To make the aioli: Place the saffron threads in the hot water and let steep for 5 minutes.
3. In a food processor or high powered blender, combine the saffron threads and water, egg yolk, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process on high until blended. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until the aioli is thickened. Pour into a serving bowl and keep refrigerated until serving. Notice there’s only one egg yolk pictures when there should have been two. Just a slip of photography. Two egg yolks are needed.
4. Once the grill is preheated Place the lobster tails on the grill. Grill for 3 minutes, flip, and grill for an additional 3 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the shell is bright red. It won’t take long!
5. Serve with the Lemon Saffron Aioli as a dipping sauce and you are set!