Yield: 1 and 1/4 cups (approximately 300 ml) of marinade, serves approximately 2 people
1 tbsp (15 ml) onion powder
1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
1 tsp (5 ml) Spanish smoked paprika (pimenton)
1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
2 tsp (10 ml) salt
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) ground white pepper
1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
4 oz (120 ml) tequila
1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
1.5 pound top round steak (rump steak)
1. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and whisk well.
2. Place the steak in a Ziploc bag, and pour in the marinade. Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
3. Remove the steak from the fridge 1 hour prior to cooking.
4. Cook on a barbecue to your desired temperature and doneness. Alternatively, cook on a hot griddle pan and then finish it off in the oven.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro, freshly squeezed lime juice and slices of jalapeño peppers, if desired.
More in American