flour tortillas ( corn if you want to make a gluten – free version)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 Chopped Jalapenos ( seeded)
2 teaspoons chopped green onion
1/2 diced green pepper
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1.5 Teaspoons of pepper
12 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1 Tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro
1 Teaspoon of lime juice and plenty of zest
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1. Heat oil in a pan and add green pepper, Jalapenos , and salt. Cook till tender about 10 minutes
2. In a medium-sized bowl mix – cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, onion powder, green onions, garlic powder, pepper, cilantro, lime juice; sauteed green peppers and sauteed Jalapenos.
3. Heat of the tortilla in the microwave ( just 30 seconds) it makes it easier to wrap.
4. Place a “healthy” amount of mixture on a tortilla – and spread.
5. Roll and Set aside. Keep repeating steps 4 and 5 till you run out of tortillas or mixture
6. Place your “rolls” ( covered tightly) in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, cut each roll into 1/2-inch slices.
7. Sprinkle with lime zest. Serve with salsa.
More in Treats