1 1/2 corn tortillas
2/3 cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup canned, diced fire-roasted tomatoes
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped fine
2/3 cup store-bought hot fresh salsa
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 ripe Hass avocado, sliced
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the tortillas into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Place in a single layer on the baking sheet; bake until golden and crisp, about nine minutes.
3. Combine the chicken broth, tomatoes, chiles, salsa, and corn in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for eight minutes.
4. Shred the chicken and stir into the soup. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Chill in the refrigerator if serving cold. Ladle the soup into four bowls. Top each with avocado slices, cilantro, and tortilla strips. Serves four.
More in Soup