Whether its steak, chicken, pork, or lamb, any sort of meal you have involving cooked meat can become a yucky leftover if left for too long. However, they can be amazing cold sandwiches the next day. One of the most popular leftover recipes is a turkey, cranberry, gravy and stuffing sandwich after Thanksgiving or Christmas. Depending on how much time you have, you could go with a deluxe sandwich preparation or just shove everything into a wrap or pocket. Any sort of meat, vegetable, and sauce based plate will work.
Here are some specific leftovers that work well with this:
– traditional Thanksgiving turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and gravy
– steak, mashed potatoes, green beans and worcestershire sauce
– chicken or steak fajitas with peppers and onions
– lambchops, applesauce and carrots
– steak or chicken enchiladas with tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream and guacamole
The basic directions for any of these is to simply scrape the turkey (or any other meat) off of the bone and onto your preferred bread, wrap or pocket, and add the vegetables and sauce either from your leftover meal or from another meal or bottle. If you’re dealing with a dry meat and no sauce, many times a simple salad dressing or mayonnaise can do the trick. If you’re stuck without a vegetable, lettuce and tomatoes always work!
More in Features