1/3 cup cooked Japanese sushi rice (or sticky rice)
1 sheet roasted seaweed
Bragg’s soy sauce
Some julienned carrot
A couple strips of cucumber
A little bit of pickled ginger
1-3 small, marinated mushrooms
1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds (you just need a couple sprinkles)
1. First of all, cook your rice. You can cook it like normal rice but the ratio is 1 cup of rice to 1 ¼ cup of water.
2. Get out a bamboo sushi mat and place the seaweed (shiny side down) on the mat. Spoon about 1/3 cup of rice onto the seaweed and pat it down with wet fingers. Leave one inch (on the bottom of the sheet) without rice.
3. Then add soy sauce and rice vinegar (equal amounts) by sprinkling it lightly over the rice.
4. Add your veggies by lining them up in rows, close together.
5. Roll it up using the sushi mat. Hold the edge of the mat with your thumbs, then lift the seaweed and roll the sushi away from you. Make sure to keep the ingredients in place and that the rice sticks together.
6. And then you slice it up into 5 pieces and top with a barely there sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds.
More in Japanese